Palermo-Montecarlo The name of this regatta refers to the long-lasting friendship between two famous cities, Montecarlo and Palermo. The race stretches out for 550 nautical miles in the Mediterranean Sea, an amazing and technical route that every sailor dreams to live. Take part on board of the Class40 in the largest regatta of the Tyrrhenian Sea, the Palermo-Montecarlo.
Departure from Palermo 21 August 2019!! we embark 2 days before.
- CLASS 40
- SUN FAST 3600
Racing sailing yacht belonging to Class40, the Pogo 40 ft (12 meters) was planned for ocean sailing.
This Pogo 40 was built in 2009, upon a design of J. M. Finot, the father of the modern 60ft competing in the Vendée Globe, a non-stop race around the world, solo and without assistance. The Class40 picks up from this philosophy and it is planned for running in solitaire or in pair.
This Pogo has a 20-meter carbon mast and a carbon bowsprit. The gigantic square-top mainsail is the engine of the boat and thanks to the shape stability of the hull and the two rudders, the boat flies easily through the waves at over 15 kn of speed with peaks over 20 kn. These are embarrassing speeds for a 12-meter yacht!
Our Pogo 40 is also a perfect yacht for sailing school and crew regattas. The yacht is equipped with 6 beds, one head, a stove and a fridge. The safety equipment is complete for high-sea sailing and includes Epirb, satellite and AIS-NKE gyropilot remote control.
On May 4th 2014, Mario Girelli has set a record in sailing from Rome to Hammamet (355 ml) in 39 h, 24 min and 23 sec on board this high performing racing sailing yacht called Patricia II ITA86.
|Water capacity (l)||200|
|Fuel capacity (l)||50|
|Engines (hp)||1-28 hp|
|Fuel consumption (l/h)||-|
|Cruising speed (kn)||6|
|Outboard motor (hp)||-|
- Palermo to Montecarlo
Price: 9000€ 9500 € - promo for booking enter April 2019
Total guests: 8 - type: With skipper
- Skipper and Co Skipper
- Boat accomodation for the defined period.
- During the regatta the Class 40 can host a maximum 4 guest who have to sleep in turn plus Skipper and CO Skipper
- Employment of the yacht for the defined period
- RCT insurance, boat and guests
- Class 40's equipments
- Final cleaning
- Registration to regattas
- Any fees due to advertisements and sponsors
- Yacht transfers to and from the departure-arrival place of the regatta from the headquarter
- Galley. The skipper/coskipper has not to pay for the galley
- Moorings, marine parks and local taxes - depending on the destination
- Flights, transfer to and from the marina, taxi, car, bus (unless otherwise specified)
Cruise code: 0001MG