Start off at Lipsi, an island with white sandy beaches and then sail to Leros, the favourite island of Artemis the goddess of hunting, where the deep waters of the sheltered natural harbours await you. Heading south, you will arrive at Kalymnos, the island of sponge-harvesters.
Further down, you reach Kos, the island of Hippocrates, father of medicine, and you drop anchor at the marina. Mountains Dikaio and Sympatro create a versatile landscape. More colours are added on the ‘Dodecanesian canvas’ as you approach the black rocks of Nisyros Island; you will be impressed by the contrast of the vividly coloured doors and windows against the white houses.
Your journey continues south-east to the lacey beaches, the inlets and the crystal clear waters of Tilos, Symi and Chalki Islands. The breathtaking view brings to mind images of mermaids whispering songs and tales to the sailors’ ears. Head east and you will reach Rhodes. Dock in Mandraki marina. You will feel that time has stopped on the island of the knights. The present and the past are in perfect harmony here. Your next destination is Kastellorizo, a quiet little place. From there you sail to the island of Karpathos: you will be fascinated by the mountains, valleys, flatlands, coves and long stretches of beach.
Your tour will continue south-west towards the rocky island of Kasos. You will then steer the boat north east until you reach Astypalaia Island. The lovely view of the Venetian Castle and the white villages show that true beauty is timeless. Set your course north towards the island of Patmos. Dock at the port, in a lee bay. You will be impressed by the gorgeous pebble beaches shining under the bright sun.
Must-see, do & taste :
- The cave of the Apocalypse and the monastery of St. John the Theologian on Patmos Island
- The butterflies on Lindos, Rhodes Island
- Eristos beach on Tilos Island
- The aquatic reserve in Psalidi, Kos Island
- Ro islet, opposite Kastellorizo Island
- Scuba diving in the beautiful underwater area of Kalymnos Island
- Traditional dishes from Kasos Island
- Panormos cove in Astypalaia Island
- Swimming in Kyra Panagia, Achata, and Ampela on Karpathos Island
- Katsouni caves on Nisyros Island
- The maritime museum on Symi Island
- The two caves at Kelia and Amiglai on Chalki Island
- Partheni, the small fishing village on Leros Island