After 20 years of traveling we found ourselves in a changing moment and we found Durlindana, we discovered within us still so much energy and a great desire to start over. We firmly believe that everything we have experienced must be shared in some way, not only by telling it, but also by showing our world that unfortunately is changing too quickly.
The magic of ice, the colors of a Polynesian lagoon, the Mexican desert, the Angra dos Reis jungle that leaves space, on the seashore, to incredible beaches. But also Rio de Janeiro, New York and much, much more. Yet all this often disappears beside the encounter with a fisherman who has known us for years, to find a Polynesian family that has adopted us, to the pure and simple joy that the high sea gives you.
We sail, if you wish we can do it together.
Andrea and Chicca
Read below the program of our world tour for 2020 and 2021, choose the period or location that interests you and we will let you have every detail to live the most beautiful, adventurous and unforgettable sailing experience, in the places where nature dominates undisturbed !!
26th DECEMBER 2019 – APRIL 2020
cruises to Baja California minimun 1 week
- Christmas 26/12-4/01 (10 days); Epiphany 5/01-15/01 (10 days) ; Easter 10/04-18/04 (8 days).
- Boarding and landing in La Paz; daily legs : Espiritu Santo, Partida, Bahia San Francisco, San José, Isla Danzante, Isla Carmen. Possible stop in Loreto and sightseeing to the Mision San Francisco Javier de Viggé Biaundo
22th APRIL – 15th MAY 2020
sea crossing Baja California – Fatu Hiva (Marquesas Islands, French Polynesia)
16th MAY – 1rst June 2020
cruises to Marquesas Islands, minimum duration 1 week.
- Boarding and landing in Nuku Hiva; daily legs: Ua Huka, Ua Pou, Tauta, Hiva Oa, Fatu Hiva.
5th JUNE – 12th JUNE 2020
cruise transfer from Nuku Hiva (Marchesi) – Makemo (Tuamotu, Polinesia)
15th JUNE – 30th SEPTEMBER 2020
cruises to Tuamotos Islands, minimum duration 1 week
- Makemo, Tahanea, Fakarava
- Fakarava, Kauei, Toau, Fakarava
- Fakarava, Toau, Apataki, Rangiroa
- Rangiroa, Tikeau, Moorea, Papeete
- At September Society Islands : Papeete, Moorea, Raiatea, Tahaa, Bora Bora
1rst NOVEMBER – 30th NOVEMBER 2020
sea crossing from Tahiti – Usuhaia through Capo Horn !
10th DECEMBER – 26th DECEMBER 2020
cruises to Patagonia - Capo Horn (and glaciers) minimum duration 1 week
- Ushuaia, Puerto Williams, Capo Horn, Canal Beagle
2nd JANUARY – 23rd JANUARY 2021
- Shipping to Antarctica : Puerto Williams (Cile) –Antarctica Peninsula– Puerto Williams through Capo Horn
From FEBRUARY to APRIL 2021
- Cruises : Patagonia - Capo Horn (and glaciers) minimum duration 1 week.
Sail with us around the world in stages started in 2016, a journey that will never end!
With Andrea e Chicca :
- Andrea Pestarini :
He always sailed, miles traveled to every latitude are counted.
He dedicated his life to the sea and is enthusiastic about this choice and to share moments of his marine life.
It has innumerable crossings in all the oceans of the world, CAP HORNIER, over twenty-five years of professionalism in the world of cruises and crossings.
Andrea Pestarini sails since he was young:
In 1992 he took part in the competition Colombiadi and won his category.
In 1994 he gained the second place in the Atlantic rally A.R.C.
In 1995 he brought Mai Stracc, a Westerly 36. It is the turning point, the moment in which Andrea started to live the sea not only as passion, but as choice of life.
In 2002, after 15 oceanic crossings, he sailed through Pacific Ocean which amazed him. This is why Andrea decided to discover the South (40 south) with the Australian winter, and then the North (62 North). He moved from Thailand to Japan from which he decided to reach Alaska, where Mai Stracc knew icebergs.
He is always searching something new, different and real, sometimes it has been discovered in French Polynesia atolls or in Marshall Islands, or mirrored in the ice. This is the real essence of this travel. With more than 4500 NM alone, Andrea went from Tahiti to Chile and then, together with Chicca, his wife, he sailed along the chanels of Patagonia. In Ushuaia Andrea trained in order to realize his big dream: Antartica by sailing boat, a trip undertaken in Januray 2011. After having discovered Maine, on the East coast of USA, Andrea and Chicca went to the far north.
In 2008 Andrea wrote his first book and in 2012 the second.
Graduated in languages, she has been sailing with Andrea since 1999, loves to live on board, meet people and get lost in the world.
On board in addition to the kitchen is active sailor, CAP HORNIER, in the time clippings translates to French and English to the publishing house "Il Frangente" which published Andrea's books.
Durlindana is the comfortable 70 feet ketch of the skilled skipper Andrea Pestarini. It was built in the the Italian shipyard Cantieri Di Fanoin 1983 according to the design of Shiomachen, in 1999 the sailing boat has completely restored and refit, in 2016 it has been subject to another renovation. Among the different comforts and services, on board is also available a defibrillator.
- 1 double cabin with en-suite bathroom
- 2 twin cabins with en-suite bathroom
- 1 cabin for the crew with en-suite bath
This wonderful sailing boat receives up to 6 guests.
Depending on the destination and the period requested in the program, you will be sent with the quote and all the details in order to organize your holiday on Durlindana.
Price: from 2000 €/pax
- Accommodation in double cabin with en-suite bathroom
- Water and wine during the meals
- Full board
- Harbour mooring tax
- Outboard Motor
- Final cleaning
- Diesel fuel
- Beers, soft drinks, spirits
- Transfer from/to port
- Meals out board
- Satellite for personal use
- Bath towels
- Everything which is not expressly indicated in "the price includes"
Cruise code: 009