The Teenagers course created in collaboration with St. Moritz Ski Racing Academy, in partnership with the Circolo Velico Ventotene, will take place based in Portovenere. The management of the course is entrusted to the Skipper Instructor Natale Marcallini and to the co-skipper Mario Girelli, by clicking on the link you can view the BIO of the two skippers. There will also be a female cabin attendant to support the girls.
The aim of the course is to teach the rudiments of the Art of Sailing. It will be fun, with a few purely theoretical sessions, a lot of practice and exchange of roles on board from the helm to the adjustment of the sails to the lookout and the navigator. We will talk about the necessary respect for the sea in terms of safety on board and the marine environment.The boys and girls will have the opportunity to learn how to move by boat, the danger signals coming from the sea and the sky, the effect of the wind on the sails, the beauty of moving only pushed by the wind. And if that weren't enough ... the common life on board, the order and reorganization of one's berths, the food preparation and cleaning, respect for roles!
It will not be a "military" style course with the instructor screaming, we believe in an approach to seafaring where respect is obtained with a good example and a few simple clear rules, but above all we believe that passion and fun are basic in going to sea and thinking about sailing free. The sea stories have always fascinated young and old, our goal is that Ocean Teenagers becomes "the story of the sea" of your boys and girls.
- This session requires a minimum of 8 participants aged between 14 and 18 years.
- The course lasts 3 weekends with dates indicated in the appropriate section below.
- The children will embark at 6.30 pm on Friday and will disembark on Sunday at 2.30 pm in Portovenere.
We will sail aboard a very recent 46-50 foot sailboat equipped with all comfort, perfectly maintained both for equipment, systems and interiors, the boat will be sanitized before each course.
The COVID 19 regulations in force at the time of the course will be respected. Particular attention will be paid to the hygiene of the spaces on board with continuous sanitization. In case of inability to carry out the course due to Covid, a voucher will be issued for a new date or the amount will be refunded.
Necessary documents :
A declaration of ability to swim is required for participation, as well as a normal medical certificate of good health and fitness for sporting practices.
All participants will be registered and insured FIV Italian Sailing Federation by our partner Circolo Velico Ventotene, which also supports us in on-board training teaching, thanks to thirty years of experience in sailing training of over 10,000 boys and gilrs.
Needed equipment :
- Wool cap
- Sun glasses
- Soft bag, NO TROLLEY! With a tracksuit, two shirts and spare underwear, socks
- A fleece sweatshirt, fleece trousers
- A Kway type windbreaker or similar
- Sneakers with clean white sole, or rubber boots but with a smooth non-slip sole for boats.
- Sleeping bag, the boys will have a double cabin, for reasons of hygiene and seafaring education they will sleep in the sleeping bag.
- Any medications, only if specific to the children- generics are on board